Saturday 4 September 2010

MAC Superslick liquid eye liner

I'd wanted to check out the new Chanel nail polishes for the Rouge Allure collection, but then somehow found myself walking into MAC. They seem to have an endless rollout of "new"or "limited edition" collections these days, so I usually just pay attention when something catches my fancy. This time it did, in the form of their Fabulous Felines collection, released in three lines:

1) Palace Pedigreed - regal blue, plushed grey and polished silver

2) Burmese Beauty - rich olives and teak

3) Leopard Luxe - cream and golds


There's 52 items altogether which is quite overwhelming, and along with the "Dare to wear" collection of bright eyeshadows and lipglass, it took me a while to focus! I finally found myself drawn to the eye liners; somehow I'm always on the lookout for coloured liners but never find good quality ones. After testing of all the colours and lots of um-ing and ah-ing, I set on buying two: Treat me nice and Pure Show


Sleek and simple packaging



The felt tip is similar to my staple Clinique Eye Defining Liquid Liner that a girlfriend recommended to me a few years back, though even finer and with more colours to choose from.


The colours that come out are quite stunning and intense. I was quickly impressed by the olive green, but the shop assistant was very keen to get me to try the gold. It was dazzling!


The liquid is quite thin, so it glides along with ease. Whether you want thin lines or build up for a dramatic, thick effect the applicator gives you the control to do so.

It takes a few seconds to dry, so be careful not to move your eyes. I've worn the green liner out a few times so far, and it's stay on for the whole day, without any fade in colour. Despite its longetivity, it's easy to remove and comes off in metallic blobs (I use Lancome Bifacil).

Verdict:
I love playing around with colours, so I really couldn't resist getting those few colours/tones "i didn't have". The intense colours from this MAC range are great for nocturnals like me, but you can also use them during the day, playing down the look by using more natural and lighter shadows. They are a nice little addition to your make up box and handy enough to carry around in your clutch for a little touch up. Great for: those wanting to create intense party looks with ease. Not for: those who can't choose >.<"

Price: $160
At all MAC boutiques and counters

No comments:

Post a Comment