Saturday 4 September 2010

A great drop minus the pricetag - Innisfree Wine Essential Mask

Last year when I went to Korea, I was overwhelmed by the number of beauty stores dominating the streets of Myong Dong. With my interest in beauty products still in its budding stages, I selected a handful of products to try first, taking care I wasn't going overboard. One of the treasures I managed to pick up was the Innisfree Wine Essential Mask.

What the product says:
* Rich in polythenol- the antioxidant in grape seeds and red grape skin- to revitalise the skin
* Contains rose essence to calm the skin



The thin mask sheet is saturated in essence, with an invigorating wine fragrance that's not too strong.


I'm not generally a fan of mask sheets, since the majority of them are too big for my face and never cover the most important areas. This mask is still big, though it fits quite snug. I tend to leave masks on from between 15-20 minutes. For this one, I left it on for 20. Instead of washing off the excess essence that is left on your face, massage it into your face.

Results: Skin feels tighter and instantly hydrated. After a nights sleep, my skin still feels soft and moisturised. (My cheeks are constantly dry and they are the best determinant of whether a product works for me or not.)

Verdict: There are an endless number of wine and grape beauty products out there and this is one of the successful outcomes. The mask is inexpensive yet works effortlessly to hydrate and revitalise. It's best for use during winter, when the effects are greatest but dry skin types can use it all year round. The only downside is that I haven't seen this mask outside of Korea (even distributors of Innisfree fail to stock this product), so remember to have it on your checklist next time you or a friend goes there. Great for: dry skin types and your travel kit. Not for: anyone looking for something beyond hydration

Price: 1,500 Won (approximately $10. Ridiculously inexpensive!!!) / 10,000 Won for a pack of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment